Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blame it on the Mistletoe

I think the spirit has finally entered my soul....the spirit of Christmas that is! You can almost feel the anticipation in the air.  I love all the lights, the trees and the wreaths displayed.  On top of Mt. Roberts where the tram leads there is a blue lit cross that welcomes travelers into town every morning.  It looks like it's been hung from the sky and it's radiant as the moon serves to spotlight it.  And what about that moon folks?  I'd like to say I got out of bed last night sometime between 11 PM and 1 AM to see the lunar eclipse but sadly, it would be untrue.  I woke up once and briefly entertained the notion and then the nice warm bed versus zero degrees outside won over.  I figured there would be plenty of pictures! Most of the time, when the moon is doing special moon things, it's cloudy in Juneau so we don't have to worry about it but last night was perfectly clear.  I have been looking for northern lights lately but haven't seen any of them either.  Which means I actually have left my bed and gone outdoors in the wee hours of the morning.  I think the thing I love best about this season is "goodwill towards men" that is apparent.  Everyone seems just a little more patient and friendly and there are good tasting treats everywhere which probably helps bolster every one's disposition.  Here's wishing everyone a great rest of the week as we slide into Christmas day, 2010. Happy 'almost birthday' Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment