Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pet Peeve....Again!

Seriously, are the days of having someone’s undivided attention just plain over?  Call waiting used to be a huge pet peeve of mine.  You’d call someone and be in the middle of a conversation and they’d say “oh that’s my beep, I’ve got to get that” or else you’d call someone and they’d answer and say “sorry I’m on the other line.”  I can’t tell you how much I hated that.  But it’s worse now, MUCH worse! It obviously has much to do with the age demographic of the person you are trying to converse with but the other night a friend came over to our house and was there for maybe half an hour and the whole time she is texting other people.  She is only half paying attention to anything we talked about because she is trying to multi-task and carry on several conversations at once.  Is it just me or is that about the rudest thing ever? I just want to say for all you texters out there, if you can’t go 30 minutes without responding to other people when you are visiting someone else then stay home!   And that concludes my rant for the day!

1 comment: