Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bits & Pieces....

Yesterday I attended a business writing class.  I have to say I really enjoyed it! It was kind of a refresher on proper sentence construction and all things grammatical; dangling participles, split infinitives, use of semi-colons versus a colon, idioms versus jargon, singular possessives versus plural.  Good stuff.  I have always had a fascination with the English language and am always amazed at all the rules then all the exception to the rules.  I am a big fan of the ellipses and use them often in my writing and was reminded yesterday they are really only for when material is missing.....oh well!!

I have been struggling the last couple weeks with a stye on my eye.  I know I've had them before but the only way I knew I had them was to glimpse them in the mirror.  This time for several days before I saw it my eyes gave me grief.  Once I saw I had one it seemed to be on the mend but I still visited the eye doctor because I wasn't sure.  She gave me a prescription for some ointment to use but I didn't fill the prescription because I thought it was going away.  A few days later it was back with a vengeance so I started using the ointment.  Thankfully it was only in one eye because the ointment renders you virtually blind.  My vision in that eye would be so blurry I couldn't identify a person six feet ahead of me.  Let along a computer screen.  Last week was quite miserable trying to work with one eye so completely out of focus and then it strains your other eye.  Have I mentioned getting old sucks?


On another note, today is the 4th anniversary of my mom's death. Hard to believe.  I don't think I'll ever forget that day.


Funny how I just brushed up on my writing skills and then I publish the most disjointed entry ever. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL! All you need was a few ellipses between paragraphs silly! Your writing doesn't seem disjointed to me at all. It's totally the way I think!!

    ReplyDelete